†KUROWONDERLAND†
♦ FOLLOW
Navigations
Home
Journal
Profile
Tutorials
Reviews
Favorite Blogs
Tumblr
YouTube
Ameblo
Credits
Contact Me
KURO WONDERLAND

Samantha - New York City - 25
FASHION - BEAUTY - DIY



Follow me
Follow on Bloglovin

  • Instagram

    Search

    Tags
  • Accessory
  • Alice and the Pirates
  • Angelic Pretty
  • Apps
  • Baby the Stars Shine Bright
  • Beauty
  • Betsey Johnson
  • Black Moral
  • Circle Lenses
  • Closet Child
  • Decor
  • DIY
  • Fashion
  • Game Review
  • Giveaway 
  • h.Naoto 
  • Halloween
  • Hair 
  • Haul 
  • Health 
  • Introduction 
  • J-Rock
  • Kigurumi
  • Live report
  • Lolita
  • Makeup 
  • Nail art 
  • New York City
  • Random 
  • Review 
  • Ryu Ga Gotoku
  • Sex Pot Revenge 
  • Stencil
  • Style Obsession
  • the Gazette
  • Travel
  • Tutorial
  • Video
  • Vivienne Westwood
  • Wig
  • My California Trip on Thursday, January 26, 2012 @ 8:25 PM
    I haven't seen my best friend in a year since we parted ways at Narita Airport last January so I was super excited to visit her during my Winter break. She lives about an hour and a half out of Sacramento, where it is very quiet and, as she like to say, very redneck. As someone who was born and raised in New York City, it was very different for me. I've never breathed in such clean and fresh air! NO SMOG! I've also never been in a place where it's impossible to go anywhere without a car.
    Walking Rusty
    There were orchards everywhere
    Besides her town, she also took me down to San Francisco since her cousin offered to spare a room for us for a weekend. What was supposed to be a three hour ride ended up being a four hour ride because the GPS froze and we got lost for a bit. Of course, this all happened when I was snoozing away in the back seat.
    Hashbrown for a 3-hour ride
    We went to the Fisherman's Wharf the first day and it was such a beautiful view by the bay!
    Alcatraz 

    So yummy

    These has to be the most amazing donuts I've ever had!







    Then the next day we went to Japan Town! We had brunch at a Japanese restaurant. Afterwards, we went to  Pika Pika to take some purikura. When my best friend and I were in Tokyo last year, we probably did purikura every other day at Takeshita dori. It was kind of upsetting to see that at Pika Pika it was ~$10 a pop (some were a couple bucks cheaper but obviously they're not as pretty). Another thing I didn't like about Pika Pika was the random couches they put in the machines. I understand it's to accommodate bigger groups but it just ruins the lower background. But still it was fun; it's sad that we don't have decent purikura machines in NYC.
    Brunch~
    400円じゃない。。。

    We also went to the New People building to shop at h.NAOTO and Baby. I did get a pretty butterfly bracelet and a Sixh. Mint Neko strap at h.NAOTO for Toki, our friend in Switzerland. I also had a shopping spree at Daiso and Ichiban Kan!


    Finally we ended the day with Korean BBQ and crepes!

    Strawberry & Banana with whipped cream, chocolate and  cereal
    Our last day we went to Haight Street, since her cousin recommended that we go. I didn't think it was anything special; the stores were like any other shops at St. Marks Place in NYC.
    There was a guy on the street doing a really cool painting in front of a store
    San Francisco was a really cool place, though I couldn't imagine ever living there...THE STREETS ARE SO STEEP! I swore while we were driving around, a street ahead of us looked like a scene from Inception! I'm incredibly and disgustingly unfit so walking up even just one steep street would knock the wind out of me.


    We drove 3 hours again to go back up back to my best friend's place, where we spent my last week there lazing around. We did, however, paraded around in our kigurumis and made a silly video for Toki.
    I made her take me to see Beauty & the Beast 3D
    We made onigiri! 
    RUSTYBEAR!



    All in all, it was a nice trip and I'm really glad I got to spend time with her since it has been a year since we last saw each other. It's funny because it doesn't really feel that long once I thought about it, since we spoke to each other everyday even if we live on the other sides of the country.


    My best friend is planning to come to NYC next Winter. If that doesn't happen, we want to go spent Christmas and New Years in Tokyo again!

    Labels: ,


    Post a Comment