†KUROWONDERLAND†
♦ FOLLOW
Navigations
Home
Journal
Profile
Tutorials
Reviews
Favorite Blogs
Tumblr
YouTube
Ameblo
Credits
Contact Me
KURO WONDERLAND

Samantha - New York City - 25
FASHION - BEAUTY - DIY



Follow me
Follow on Bloglovin

  • Instagram

    Search

    Tags
  • Accessory
  • Alice and the Pirates
  • Angelic Pretty
  • Apps
  • Baby the Stars Shine Bright
  • Beauty
  • Betsey Johnson
  • Black Moral
  • Circle Lenses
  • Closet Child
  • Decor
  • DIY
  • Fashion
  • Game Review
  • Giveaway 
  • h.Naoto 
  • Halloween
  • Hair 
  • Haul 
  • Health 
  • Introduction 
  • J-Rock
  • Kigurumi
  • Live report
  • Lolita
  • Makeup 
  • Nail art 
  • New York City
  • Random 
  • Review 
  • Ryu Ga Gotoku
  • Sex Pot Revenge 
  • Stencil
  • Style Obsession
  • the Gazette
  • Travel
  • Tutorial
  • Video
  • Vivienne Westwood
  • Wig
  • Tutorial: DIY Lemon, Ginger & Honey Face Mask on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 @ 11:28 PM
    When I was in San Francisco, I got a pack of compressed facial masks at Ichiban Kan. I finally decided to put them to use. You can buy them in bulk on eBay.
    This cost less than $2
    For this mask I used a mixture of lemon and ginger juice and a bit of honey.
    (I was able to steal borrow my father's DSLR for this)


    Here are the benefits of the ingredients:
    Lemons: Whitening, prevents wrinkles, cleanses pores
    Ginger: Reduces inflammations, makes skin more elastic
    Honey: Contains anti-aging components


    Other stuff you need for this project are a container with a lid, bowl, grater and a cloth strainer.

    *Make sure to wash and tone your face before applying mask*

    1. Take your lemon and roll it against your work surface; this helps the juice inside loosen up.
    2. Cut your lemon in wedges and squeeze into a bowl then transfer liquid into the container (You can use a juicer instead, I just didn't have one). 

    3. Grate your ginger into the bowl. 
     4. Put the grated ginger in the strainer and squeeze the juice into the container.
     
     
    5. Put about half spoonful (or just eyeball it) of honey into the mixture. 

    6. Mix well.

    7. Place your compressed mask in the dish (if your package doesn't have this then just use a plate instead). 
    8. Using your spoon pour about 3-4 spoonfuls of your mixture, or until thoroughly hydrated, onto the mask. 

    9. Carefully unfold and apply to face. 

    10. Remove after 20 minutes and wash face with warm water then moisturize. 
    *Be sure to wash your face thoroughly since lemon juice is prone to stain skin if left on for a long amount of time*
    You should still have quite an amount of liquid left so just cover with a lid and put in the fridge to use again

    Now here's an unflattering picture of me with the mask on while watching Rupaul's Drag Race. TEAM SHARON NEEDLES!
    Herp Derp

    Also~ I have switched up my watermark since using the Iron Gate lace pattern (which is probably copyrighted) is kind of hard to stick to one color due to different lighting in pictures. I'm still playing around with different watermarks so...excuse me for that~ I'm also going to change my header soon once I have time. 

    Labels: , ,



    Blogger Anna Victoria said on July 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM  

    This is lovely! I never seen the compressed masks before, goes on my shopping list, looks so much less mess than normal masks! Thank you for this post!

    Post a Comment