†KUROWONDERLAND†
♦ FOLLOW
Navigations
Home
Journal
Profile
Tutorials
Reviews
Favorite Blogs
Tumblr
YouTube
Ameblo
Credits
Contact Me
KURO WONDERLAND

Samantha - New York City - 25
FASHION - BEAUTY - DIY



Follow me
Follow on Bloglovin

  • Instagram

    Search

    Tags
  • Accessory
  • Alice and the Pirates
  • Angelic Pretty
  • Apps
  • Baby the Stars Shine Bright
  • Beauty
  • Betsey Johnson
  • Black Moral
  • Circle Lenses
  • Closet Child
  • Decor
  • DIY
  • Fashion
  • Game Review
  • Giveaway 
  • h.Naoto 
  • Halloween
  • Hair 
  • Haul 
  • Health 
  • Introduction 
  • J-Rock
  • Kigurumi
  • Live report
  • Lolita
  • Makeup 
  • Nail art 
  • New York City
  • Random 
  • Review 
  • Ryu Ga Gotoku
  • Sex Pot Revenge 
  • Stencil
  • Style Obsession
  • the Gazette
  • Travel
  • Tutorial
  • Video
  • Vivienne Westwood
  • Wig
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on Friday, December 21, 2012 @ 11:15 PM
    Yesterday I took my last final as an undergraduate! I am so happy to finally able to leave this college. To celebrate this accomplishment, Su picked me up from school to go grab some Go! Go! Curry for dinner. I've never went to Go! Go! Curry and boy have I been missing out! Their katsu curry is so delicious~! And the prices are pretty good too! I got a Double (Medium) for just $7.50
    After dinner,  we went to Regal in Times Square to watch The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey! I had been waiting for this movie since they announced it. My favorites movies are The Lord of the Rings trilogy since junior high school. I loved the movies to the point there I had the soundtracks, movie guides, and extended versions of the movies. I really want to read the book but my (undiagnosed) ADD prevents me from doing so. But my friend had sent me the audiobook for The Hobbit so I'll probably listen to that on the train from now on.
    Regal didn't have the movie in IMAX but they had it in HFR 3D. Honestly, I had no idea what HFR was until Su explained it to me. Then I remembered what it was from the production blogs Peter Jackson had been uploading previously. It just means that the movie was shot with 48 frames per second as opposed to the standard 24. Some critics might not like it but I think it really adds to the beauty of the movie. The scenes looked so real that I thought I was IN the Shire.

    The film was amazing as expected, Peter Jackson can do no wrong in my eyes (besides The Lovely Bones, but let's not talk about that). After the movie, I have a replacement crush for Legolas. KILI! This guy must be the supermodel of dwarfs...I mean look at him.
    This is an absolute must-see for any Tolkien fans out there. Anyway, you should definitely check out The Hobbit if you liked the previous Lord of the Rings movies, or even fantasy films in general!

    I have a Lady Sloth & Necrosarium reviews coming up!

    Labels:



    Blogger shwin said on December 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM  

    He dieesssss~~~ jk jk. Glad you had fun!!! And you're done with undergrad. So jelly~~~


    Blogger KUROWonderland said on December 22, 2012 at 1:19 AM  

    @Su: I KNOW! I read the spoilers QAQ I really need to start listening to those audiobooks.

    Post a Comment