†KUROWONDERLAND†
♦ FOLLOW
Navigations
Home
Journal
Profile
Tutorials
Reviews
Favorite Blogs
Tumblr
YouTube
Ameblo
Credits
Contact Me
KURO WONDERLAND

Samantha - New York City - 25
FASHION - BEAUTY - DIY



Follow me
Follow on Bloglovin

  • Instagram

    Search

    Tags
  • Accessory
  • Alice and the Pirates
  • Angelic Pretty
  • Apps
  • Baby the Stars Shine Bright
  • Beauty
  • Betsey Johnson
  • Black Moral
  • Circle Lenses
  • Closet Child
  • Decor
  • DIY
  • Fashion
  • Game Review
  • Giveaway 
  • h.Naoto 
  • Halloween
  • Hair 
  • Haul 
  • Health 
  • Introduction 
  • J-Rock
  • Kigurumi
  • Live report
  • Lolita
  • Makeup 
  • Nail art 
  • New York City
  • Random 
  • Review 
  • Ryu Ga Gotoku
  • Sex Pot Revenge 
  • Stencil
  • Style Obsession
  • the Gazette
  • Travel
  • Tutorial
  • Video
  • Vivienne Westwood
  • Wig
  • A Dragtastic Birthday on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 @ 10:50 PM
    So, last Friday I turned 24 years old! It's weird that after turning 21, time seems to pass by so fast that I started losing track of my age. Before I know it, I'll become an old lady!

    For my birthday, I went with one of my friends to the Hot Mess Drag Revue at 42West hosted by Bianca del Rio! Let me just tell you that Bianca has quickly became my favorite drag queen in the universe. I mean, she's hilarious, she can read a bitch to filth in no time and she is so talented! If she doesn't win season 6 of RuPaul's Drag Race, I am going to be really mad! #TEAMBIANCA

    I got tickets to the show via Groupon, which had a deal to get either 2 tickets for $29 or 4 tickets for $49. Both deals come with complementary flute of champagne and appetizers. I actually was surprised at how nice the club was, with the exception to the weird layout of the restroom. 

    Bianca kicked off the show and she was phenomenal! I don't think I had laughed that hard in a really long time. I think I have the same bitchy mean humor that Bianca has that...is not everyone's cup of tea. But at the end of the day, I think it's best to not to take yourself too seriously, especially if you're at a drag show!

    The performances were mostly good. I really liked Skyla Versai and Jada Valenciaga (her Beyonce performance was FIERCE). Unfortunately, Lady Bunny wasn't there that night so they opted to playing a god awful parody video instead. 
    Overall, it was a really great night, I am really glad to see Bianca live because she had me in stitches. 

    Funny thing, I had told my boss about the show and he wants me to plan an office trip to go to Hot Mess now! 

    Labels: , ,


    Post a Comment